Campus Grad - SF - M&A FT 2020
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
We serve an array of interesting and exciting clients across four key service areas: Customer Experience, Mergers & Acquisitions, Operations Excellence, and Technology Business Analytics. You will provide expertise, lead technical implementation initiatives or deliver operation improvement across industries such as Consumer & Industrial Products, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking MBA (or equivalent graduate degree) candidates with a strong desire to pursue a career in consulting in its Mergers and Acquisitions Practice. In this dynamic role, you will work with our national M&A practice servicing both corporate and private equity clients, which includes leading operational and technology assessments during the due diligence phase, planning as part of the carve-out or merger integration transactions, and post-close execution management (e.g. IMO).
Consultants will primarily be responsible for delivery of client engagements, including structuring
and completing quantitative and qualitative analysis, supporting business
development efforts, and fostering client relationships. In addition to
delivery, team members will also be expected to contribute to firm development,
participating in activities such as recruiting and thought leadership
- Client Delivery:
- Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Work closely with the business stakeholders to create new business processes
- Facilitate client workshops focused designing future state business process and requirements
- Support detailed requirements gathering
- Lead program evaluations against industry leading practices across industries
- Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Work closely with engagement management to reduce project risk
- Program Management:
- Participate in the creation of project-related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and status reports
- Work closely with engagement team to reduce project risk
- Work closely with members of WMP as well as our clients to establish rapport
- Business and Practice Development:
- Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
- Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies, templates, and techniques used by WMP on client assignments
- Mentor and coach other consultants on the job through feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline; MBA or other Master’s degree in process
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a team-based professional environment; previous experience in strategy consulting, the
technology industry, corporate strategy/business development, and/or
private equity preferred
- Demonstrated success in project management and business analysis
- Experience in developing work plans, project scopes, and pricing estimates
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, demonstrate excellent judgment and decision-making, and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of the preferred practice area
- Prior experience in consulting is preferred, but not required
- Experience with implementations, business requirements gathering, vendor evaluation, or scoping a technology or software platform is helpful
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications, and client relations skills
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without requiring sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 80% is required
Candidates will be invited to the West Monroe Partners office for interviews. The interviews will include: Behavioral, Case, Values Contribution, Skills Assessment, and Practice Alignment. Office interview dates are flexible, with Fridays being preferred.Please complete the online application on West Monroe’s Grad Careers site prior to the interviews.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.